Dangote Female Hostel at the Kano State University of Science and Technology KUST Wudil, was gutted by fire on Tuesday night.
The Deputy Head of Information, Publications and Public Relations Unit of the University, Abdullahi Datti, told The Nation that the incident occurred around 9.30 pm and lasted for about 2 hours, destroying some part of the building.
He said that the inferno could have been caused by suspected electrical spark, following the restoration of full current electricity to the University.
He added that the management swiftly alerted some relevant agencies including the Fire Services at federal and state levels who quickly responded and controlled the situation.
Mr Datti who could not ascertain the level of damages as at the time of filing the report noted that there was no casualty recorded as students were already at home due to the ongoing ASUU’s nationwide strike.